If you haven’t heard of CoronaVirus or COVID-19, I fear you have been living under a rock. News of more cases and new information about this pandemic dominates the media channels 24/7. All of these sources will tell you the same thing, good hygiene is the best way to keep yourself safe. So I have listed a few do-it-yourself recipes with only a few ingredients to keep your hands and surfaces germ free.
DIY Foaming Liquid Hand Soap
Foaming Hand Soap
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup liquid Castile soap
- 1 tsp. olive oil (optional)
- 20 drops essential oil of choice
- Foaming soap dispenser
Mix each ingredient in the foaming soap dispenser and shake. The olive oil helps the pump from sticking, but is optional. Remember to wash your hands for a good 20 seconds to really get them clean.
Recipe by Jenni Raincloud
DIY Hand Sanitizer Gel
Hand Sanitizer Gel
- 1 1/2 oz pure aloe vera
- 3 tsp. rubbing alcohol
- 1 tsp. vitamin E oil
- Small squeeze or pump bottle
Mix ingredients in the small bottle. For a slightly thinner consistency, add a little more rubbing alcohol, up to one teaspoon.
Recipe by Clean Mama
DIY Reusable Wet Wipes
Reusable Wet Wipes
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of liquid Castile soap
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of lemon or other citrus essential oil
- Reusable kitchen cloth
- Airtight container
- Cut cloth into pieces for the container.
- Add Castile soap and essential oils to the container
- Add the reusable cloths to the container, close and shake well.
- When you are done using a wipe put it aside to wash with laundry, and have it ready for the next batch you make.
Recipe by eHow